Facebook Live for Churches
Facebook has become a dominant and accessible live streaming site, and it continues to serve as an effective tool for churches and religious organizations trying to connect with their congregations online.
Why Facebook Live:
Facebook Live streaming has become an establish platform for streaming church services. It is a very important product since COVID-19 has spurred an immediate need for online church services. As a result, a growing number of people are virtually going to church every Sunday via Facebook Live.
STREAMING FROM YOUR PHONE
The simplest and cheapest way to stream your worship services live to Facebook is to use your smartphone. It costs nothing, except the price of the phone, the Internet connection in the building where you’re streaming along with a reliable Wi-Fi router. Here’s how to do Facebook Live Streaming using your phone. This also works with most recent Android tablets or the iPad.
- Start by opening the Facebook app. You’ll want to stream from your church’s Facebook Page. If you don’t have a church Facebook Page, then set one up using this Facebook Help page.
- Hold your phone in landscape view instead of portrait view. It looks more professional. Only violate these principles if you know all of your viewers will watch the live stream on their phones.
- Create a Title
- When everything looks ready, tap on the blue GO LIVE button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Reccomment usimng a tripod
- You can usde the mic on the phone – however an external microphone would allow better audio quality
You can start on a shoe string and improve by buying better equipment
Below are links to three articles that provide additional information.
Below are a number of related Posts on how Churches can adapt to life after the Pandemic!